What gets your goat?
What drives you nuts?
What in your world doesn't work?
What do you truly care about?
What is your mess?
Your mess? I'll bet you are not the only one who can claim that mess. I'll bet you are surrounded by others who are going crazy about the same things you are! The problem I often run into is focusing on my frustration, my disfunction, and myself. Pretty soon a valid problem becomes a hopeless, defeating rant.
Therefore we do not despair, but even if our physical body is wearing away, our inner person is being renewed day by day. For our momentary, light suffering is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.
I'll be honest, I do muddle through my daily frustrations. I make it all work. I might not solve the problem, but I adapt. And guess what? Through all that adapting, I have gained experience. Every experience, every obstacle, every mess I have been entangled in has prepared me for something more.
I don't always know what to do with these experiences.
Too often I take my successes and failures and dictate my expectations onto others.
But, what if I made a daily commitment to give my thoughts, my frustrations, and my experiences to God?
What if my mess means more to God? Because I am convinced it does mean more.
Was there a need not met for me?
Maybe I can fill that need for someone else.
Was there a blessing that turned my life around?
(hint... there have been many!)
Maybe I can be that blessing for someone else.
God creates success in our life when we honor Him by giving our mess to Him.
Do you agree?
~ Tia Sunshine
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really do want to hear from you! If you like this, tell me why. If you disagree, I'd like to hear your point of view. ~ Tia Sunshine