I don't know about you, but I think it is very difficult to find a new church home. At times it seems pointless, move after move. By the time you unpack, find the right church, and get involved enough to feel at home, it will inevitably be time to say goodbye. And, what about the number of Sundays it took to find that particular church? You know, the one with the right location, worship, childcare, sermon style, and maybe even a particular Statement of Faith.
I have been exposed to some totally new rituals for me, and it is interesting. It gives me hope that I am surrounded by people who are open to considering different views, revisiting and researching old views, and looking at new data and new information in pursuit of God's Truth. These are very important concepts for me.
If you have read some of my early blog entries, you know I want to find ways to understand God's Word more clearly. I feel it is our duty to study deeply and freely question our current understanding of the Bible. You and I will not always agree on issues. There are MANY theologically debatable issues in Christianity, and it is my belief we can openly discuss them, disagree, and still be loving sisters and brothers in Christ.
This perspective and the core of my Christian beliefs were learned at my home church. I do believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, that we read of in the Bible. I believe He sent his son, Jesus, who died on the cross for our sins. I believe God raised Jesus from the dead so we can have eternal life in Him. If you have been baptized into Christ, I am confident we agree on this much, no matter where home is, and I hope you will join me in researching other truths of the Bible. If you have not been baptized into Christ, I would invite you to stay, learn, and grow with me.
No matter where we move or how often we move, we carry with us our walk of faith and discipleship. God is with us, and God knows we can fulfill HIS WILL wherever we find ourselves. Our hearts long for home, yet God warms even my heart as I reluctantly prepare for our first winter in Alaska while watching the first snow fall on the last day of September.
Thank you for visiting my blog on the first day of my 31 day Ultimate Blog Challenge!

Tia,
ReplyDeleteYou will always be a seeker of truth. It may be finding truth in new traditions. As our movement started, it never planned to isolate itself from other Christian peoples. We have always believed that if we can hold true to the Word of God and beyond that continue studying the Word; we can be agents of change in the lives of people who have been trapped by creeds and dogma.
God has blessed you with a wonderful and inquiring mind that is aimed towards Him. We don't have to be _____ Christians just Christians. Just like we don't have to be a ______ Americans. By the blanks I mean to modify what follows. I am not a Church of Christ Christian or a Baptist Christ I am just a Christian following my Lord and growing in His Word.
May God richly bless you on this new road in your journey.
Al
Thank you, Al! Thank you for your words and your support.
Delete