Thank you for visiting my blog on Day #3 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, a blog entry for each day of the month! Today I am attempting to show you how my intentions to participate in a workbook style study group have a hard time staying on schedule. I am writing in the style of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie and If You Give A Mom A Muffin. ** update: this is another funny version, If You Give a Mom a Macbook **
If You Give This Mom A Bible
by Tia Sunshine
If you give this mom a Bible,
You probably gave it to her with a study guide...
for women.
After sending her kids to school
She will pour herself a cup of coffee.
Sitting at her desk she will open the study guide.
The study guide will reference a Bible verse.
She will open her Bible and read the verse.
For context she will read the previous verse.
For clarification she will read the notes.
The notes will be interesting,
So she will decide to read the whole passage...
and then those notes.
The notes will lead her to an interesting commentary.
The commentary will mention word definitions.
The word definitions will be debatable.
She will think "How interesting."
She will get lost in her own thoughts
until she is out of coffee.
After pouring another cup of coffee
She will look back at the study guide.
(Ok, she might check Facebook first)
The study guide will use an unfamiliar term.
She will look up the term.
The term will reference a concept.
She will email a question to her pastor to clarify the concept.
After sending the email,
she will notice her quiet time is over.
She will look at her study guide,
And most likely
It will be on the same page as when she started.
This is funny Tia! Very creative idea and good writing:) I like the new look of your Blog page too.
ReplyDeleteThank you, April :-)
DeleteThat was hilarious--so true!
ReplyDeleteKelly :-) It makes me happy that someone finds this funny!! I am trying to participate in a workbook style 12 week study, and I had to stop reading the scripture! It sounds crazy, but I had to just read through the workbook. There are certain answers the author is looking for for that study, and our group is not structured to allow time for differences in scriptural interpretation. So, to stay on schedule with the group, I had to just put all that aside and focus on what I do agree with.
Delete~ Tia
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete