Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No Mantra

I do not know if I will do ANYTHING significantly different in 2013 than I did in 2012.

I won't move.  That will be refreshing.
I will continue to unpack boxes.  That is never ending.

I have not come up with a 'motto' for 2013.  That is something different.  The past 3 years, since deciding my life needed some significant and meaningful changes, I have created a motto for each year:

2010:  Simplify for Focus
2011:  Focus on the Good News
2012:  Keep Moving Forward + Direction, Not Perfection

These mottos have been good for me.  They have been mantras that I could recite when I needed... something.  Through these three years I have learned a lot about God, and I have learned A LOT about myself and how I fit into this crazy world that surrounds me.  But, here we are half way through January, and I do not have a mantra to recite.

Image by Michael McFatridge downloaded from Creation Swap


I hesitate to say I don't have any lofty goals, because I do.  I have vowed to finish the various projects that I have started (and boxed up, and moved) throughout the years.  I have told myself and others that I will step back in getting involved in other people's projects and really get settled into our new home.  Just having said it has relieved some tension.  It allows me to set time aside for myself.

Will I finish my various projects by the end of 2013?  Probably not.  Will I finish them before we move in 2015?  Maybe not.  But, I am allowing myself to try.


5 comments:

  1. I have found that when I have become involved in bible study, it actually forced me to make time for myself. I had to have that time to focus on God's word which shaped me more into the woman He has planned for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, Natasha (again). Leading the study happened because I was interested in it, not because I was asked. I am loving the shaping process.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Tia - I could not find another way to get this to you.

    SavingsAngel helps families save money on their groceries. We appreciate military families and wish to do something special for them. Can you help us spread the word?

    Please post the following:

    During February, military families may start their VIP SavingsAngel membership for half off using one of these $10 discount codes: USARMY, USN, USMC, USAF, USCG

    To learn more and claim this discount, go to: SavingsAngel.com/military

    SavingsAngel.com is a veteran-owned company. Chief Executive Angel, Josh Elledge served his country during Desert Storm as a U.S. Navy journalist. Supporting servicemen and servicewomen and their families is an issue important to all of us here at SavingsAngel.

    The best couponers save hundreds of dollars every month at the grocery store. However, couponers can end up living very extreme lifestyles to get those savings. For over six years, SavingsAngel.com has equalized the playing field – giving extreme savings to busy families who don’t have the time or ability to be an extreme couponer.

    Each week, SavingsAngel.com’s team of angels combines over 2,000 products on sale at local grocery and drug stores with an enormous database of over 2,000 different manufacturer coupons. These combinations result in our members getting access to over 300 products each week for 50% off or better.

    Our innovative Price Watcher is one of many benefits of membership. You get alerts by email when we find great deals at your favorite stores on products you use. Members simply log in, choose the deals they want, print or clip only the coupons they need, and save hundreds of dollars a month at regional and national stores.

    Start today for only $10 after the special military discount for your first 4 weeks. That's just $2.50 a week for top-notch help cutting your grocery bill - helping you keep $200 to $400 in savings each month! Join thousands of other families who realize you can’t get this kind of help anywhere else, even for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will leave this here, although it definitely borders on spam advertising. I find it hard to believe this is the only way to get a hold of me when there are links for Google+ and Facebook on the side of my blog, and I am more than happy to receive messages either of these ways.
      ~ Tia

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really do want to hear from you! If you like this, tell me why. If you disagree, I'd like to hear your point of view. ~ Tia Sunshine